The following documents are mandatory for boarding a cargo ship:
– A passport valid for more than 6 months after the date of return following the chosen route.
– A specific medical certificate issued by the shipping company and signed by your general practitioner.
– Visas and vaccinations required for the destination
– Assistance, repatriation, medical and helicopter rescue insurance.
– It is also strongly recommended to take out cancellation insurance. All passengers must have their own travel insurance, which covers accidents, medical assistance and repatriation. Citizens of the European Union traveling on routes that only call at UE ports can travel with their European card for medical assistance. The captain has the right to refuse boarding to passengers who do not produce this documents. This list is provided for information only. Each passenger is responsible for obtaining information from the competent authorities about the formalities required for each country to be visited.
Cargo ships up to 12 passengers do not have a doctor on board. In case of emergency, trained officers provide first aid. It is therefore essential to be in good health and able to walk normally on board a cargo ship. Ask your doctor to check whether your state of health is suitable for trip on a cargo ship. On request we can send you a blank form to certify your health. Ask your doctor for current sea sickness recommendations for your voyage. For most people, seasickness disappears very quickly, if at all.
The age limit is 77 years old, but it is still advisable not to sail between December and March, when the weather conditions at sea are worst. It should also be noted that during this period the lifts on board the ships can be switched off. Passengers should therefore be able to climb up the stairs without difficulty. Cargo ships are not accessible to pregnant women. It is the passenger’s sole responsibility to have all personal data before disembarkation at the port of destination. You can take 50 kg of luggage with you. You must ensure that baggage is carried in easy-to-handle pieces of baggage that can always be brought on board by one person via the aisle. It must also be ensured that you can take your baggage with you in your own cabin/storage area. Upon receipt of your completed forms and the balance of the invoice amount due, we will send you the ticket and detailed travel documents approx. 10 days prior to departure.